Tax Identification Number Requirements for International Shipments
When shipping items to the following countries, it's mandatory to include the recipient's valid tax identification number (TIN) or personal identification number (PIN) in the shipping details, irrespective of the type of items being shipped. This requirement is in place to comply with the customs and taxation regulations of the respective countries.
- Brazil: Your valid tax identification number or personal identification number is required.
- Israel: Your valid tax identification number or personal identification number is required.
- Mexico: Your valid tax identification number or personal identification number is required.
- Saudi Arabia: Your Short Address (a unique address code comprising 4 letters based on postal codes and a 4-digit building number, e.g., RAGI2929) is required.
How to Enter Your Tax Number:
- Access Your Profile: Log into your account and navigate to your profile.
- Go to Addresses: Within your profile menu, you will find an option labeled 'Addresses.' Click on this to view your saved addresses.
- Enter the Tax Number: Enter your valid tax identification number or personal identification number in the address field. For shipments to Saudi Arabia, include the 'Short Address' in this tax number field. Double-check for accuracy to avoid any errors.
- Confirm: Once you have entered all the details, click 'CONFIRM' to save.
Why is this Important?
Failing to include the tax number can result in significant delays in your shipment. Customs authorities in these countries strictly enforce this requirement as part of their regulatory measures. By ensuring that this information is correctly provided, you help facilitate a faster and hassle-free customs clearance process.
For further inquiries or assistance, please contact our customer support team.